Friday, January 3, 2014

Who Am I? And What's This Blog About?

Go ahead, sing with me...
"Who am I? 2-4-6-0-1!"
credit to the Official Les Miserables Twitter
Ignoring, of course, that in the song from Les Miserables that number represents a prisoner, wouldn't it be an easy way to identify a person?  You know, like every digit representing a part of who you are.

Stay with me, friend - here is a start of my number - Who Am I?


Christian - saved by God's grace many years ago.  So while I am far from perfect and do not claim to have all of the answers, sometimes I write about my faith.


Mom - Yes, that is a large part of me so I write about that too.  My two girls, my two boys, and the things that affect them.  

Teacher- In case this is news to you, I homeschool my kids.  Every. Single. Day.  So sometimes I write about their day, their schedule and their projects.  I even toss the college girl into the mix.  With that comes the reviews that I am blessed to be able to do.  I get the privilege of using some amazing things and I love telling you all about them.

Wife -  Been one for over 21 years.  To a pretty amazing guy, by the way.  And while I do not write about him much (he's an introvert if you can believe that) he is a large part of who I am and so occasionally he shows up on this page as well.

Friend - I don't rat them out too much, but my friends sneak into my stories sometimes.  I try to ask their permission first! ;)





ahhhhhhh.  I need a longer number than Jean Val-Jean!  I still have categories -
    -cook
    -military dependent (that's secret military code, haha)
    -homemaker
    -frugal shopper
    -and on and on

So why am I telling you this?  I thought you would never ask!

Over the holidays I have been reading all about blogging.  The most common advice is to develop a genre, an identity, a theme to center your blog on.  It keeps your readers engaged, loyal and coming back they say. According to them, my blog may be doomed, dear friends!  

Because, after much prayer and thought, the theme I come up with again and again is -

LIFE!
  
Sorry, that's it.  You see, if I tried to write about just one thing it would bore me to death, and you probably you too!  And that is just not me-only one thing?!  There is no way!

So what you see is what you get here -
my day, my reviews, my kids, my recipes, my savings tips, my faith, my thoughts, and my family.

LIFE!

Welcome to Family, Faith and Fridays.  I hope you will grab a chair and stay a while.  Just maybe we will prove those people wrong.

Blessings,


Linking up today with Christian Fellowship Friday!  Hope over to read some great posts!

For the Display of His Splendor

7 comments:

  1. My blog is apparently doomed too! I cannot narrow my life down into a genre for marketing purposes! Life......I guess that is too broad. Oh well....we have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Michele! I think you did a great job putting this together - and if the critics are correct, then I guess I'm doomed too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this Michele. I have also struggled with what my genre is, who I am, and who am I writing to. I keep reading about needing a niche. It has frustrated me and hindered my freedom to write. So, thanks for your wisdom in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I love the Les Mis reference! Too cute.

    My blog is life in general as well, though I've discovered that there are at least a couple of topics I'd like to post on and promote, that my current readers just really don't care anything about. I guess that's why people develop second blogs. ;)

    Happy to be blogging along with other lifers! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I tried to narrow my blog down to one topic, but couldn't keep it that way :) I am a dependent, too! What branch is your hero in? My husband is in the Air Force. I'm excited to explore your blog more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!